Musik-Sammler.de - Forum

Diskussionen um Musik-Sammler.de und natürlich über Musik selber.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 29.12.2008 22:18:27

Sovdat
Mitglied

Hell-o

Well, I don't really know what's the purpose of this international part of forum so I guess it's the best if I ask here, or do an introductional thread for all international MS members at least (I barely know of few of the non German/Austrian/Swiss members here, like 1sideshow2 or avengement) ... smile

So, is this the part of forum where us, the non-German speaking members report mistakes on page? Or anything else we'd like to say probably? smile

Cheers to all international (and domestic of course smile ) M-S members wink

P.S. - I always wanted to "report" two things that I'd like to see in M-S database sometime:

1. Better search engine - like on Metal-Archives - so that it wouldn't be neccessary to type exactly Lääz Rockit, Infernäl Mäjesty to get the exact band.

2. Apart from EAN numbers, Cat. numbers, etc., there should also be a "Matrix number" database.

smile

P.P.S. - Let's do the list of international members, just for the fun smile

Sovdat - Slovenia

Beitrag geändert von Sovdat (29.12.2008 22:19:26)

#2 29.12.2008 22:48:00

prankowski666
¡Viva la reacción!

Re: Hell-o

Sovdat schrieb:

So, is this the part of forum where us, the non-German speaking members report mistakes on page? Or anything else we'd like to say probably? smile

For a start this is supposed to be sth like 'Musik-Sammler Allgemein' (general topics concerning MS) for English-speaking users, i.e. if you have things like improvement proposals or database extensions feel free (as you did) to post those here. smile

As there are more and more foreign users registering we felt this would be the right time to introduce an English sub-forum.

1. Better search engine - like on Metal-Archives - so that it wouldn't be neccessary to type exactly Lääz Rockit, Infernäl Mäjesty to get the exact band.
2. Apart from EAN numbers, Cat. numbers, etc., there should also be a "Matrix number" database.

Actually, top 1 should be on Elric's to-do list already - although it could take a little more time to have that realized.
Top 2: good idea although I wouldn't expect many users to work with this feature - so I'm a little sceptic about having lots of incomplete files in the database.

Cool idea - but Bavarians shouldn't count. big_smile wink

#3 29.12.2008 23:02:30

PARABELLUM
Mitglied

Avengement - Canada
1SideShow2 - USA

that's it???

#4 29.12.2008 23:30:55

Cosmo
Pisan Zapra

prankowski666 schrieb:
Sovdat schrieb:

Top 2: good idea although I wouldn't expect many users to work with this feature - so I'm a little sceptic about having lots of incomplete files in the database.

I also think that would be a good improvement for the site - nothing for the general data input but for an "expert"-input mask. smile

prankowski666 schrieb:
Sovdat schrieb:

lol Not as international members? big_smile I wouldn't be so sure about that... tongue wink

PARABELLUM schrieb:

Avengement - Canada
1SideShow2 - USA

that's it???

Let's see, who shows up. wink

#5 30.12.2008 00:09:37

Hugin
Mitglied
Webseite

prankowski666 schrieb:

Cool idea - but Bavarians shouldn't count.

Swabians?
big_smile

#6 30.12.2008 00:19:22

Yetisued
Hüter des Heiligen H

prankowski666 schrieb:

That is just because you do not understand our way of counting: OANS ZWOA GSUFFA tongue

There were many tones audible now, low ones and high ones, weaving in and out and around each other, forming a tapestry of sound. The effect was oddly moving, stirring subterranean emotions of pleasure, worry and guilt. It was amazing what sheer sound could do.

www.einfach-bogenschiessen.de

#7 30.12.2008 00:41:17

prankowski666
¡Viva la reacción!

Yetisued schrieb:

OANS ZWOA GSUFFA tongue

Which means in German: eins... zwei... viele. tongue

#8 30.12.2008 00:43:54

PARABELLUM
Mitglied

Well at least I could get Avengement in here
I'd make more advertising but I dont have the time nor the patience to make 6 page FAQ threads all the time

Beitrag geändert von PARABELLUM (30.12.2008 01:04:40)

#9 30.12.2008 00:48:13

Volpeth
Verteidiger des wahren Blödsinns

Patience... wink

#10 30.12.2008 00:59:01

klaerchen1981
Doom isst Hoffnung!

Warepire comes from sweden I guess. smile

Brot für die Welt, Kuchen für mich!

Meine CD-Sammlung
das höre ich

#11 30.12.2008 01:04:21

PARABELLUM
Mitglied

Volpeth schrieb:

Patience... wink

Danke big_smile
Es lag mir auf der Zunge

Beitrag geändert von PARABELLUM (30.12.2008 01:04:55)

#12 30.12.2008 08:09:25

Volpeth

PARABELLUM schrieb:
Volpeth schrieb:

Patience... wink

Danke big_smile
Es lag mir auf der Zunge

Bitte.. big_smile
Seit Take That weiss ich das eben.. lol

#13 30.12.2008 08:16:19

lordsteel
Plüschlord

Volpeth schrieb:
PARABELLUM schrieb:
Volpeth schrieb:

Patience... wink

Danke big_smile
Es lag mir auf der Zunge

Bitte.. big_smile
Seit Take That weiss ich das eben.. lol

Don`t spam that thread with german language. tongue

It`s only for foreign members like bavarians... big_smile

#14 30.12.2008 08:35:33

Volpeth

I am a foreigner, too!!! lol

#15 30.12.2008 12:16:55

Dennis the Menace
Mitglied

well I'm not foreigner, still I like to talk and write in english, so I gues Ill just stay here smile
and I guess if these southerner-redneck bavarians want to be separated from those who have german as their mother tongue I could aswell just start with plattdütsch tongue or küt ji dat nümmer opgahn big_smile

Beitrag geändert von Dennis the Menace (30.12.2008 12:18:00)

#16 30.12.2008 13:57:39

Colonel
Plakativ!

Dennis the Menace schrieb:

well I'm not foreigner, still I like to talk and write in english, so I gues Ill just stay here smile
and I guess if these southerner-redneck bavarians want to be separated from those who have german as their mother tongue I could aswell just start with plattdütsch tongue or küt ji dat nümmer opgahn big_smile

Platt??!! Dat geit dock eh ümmer! Ück bin dobie.

It's a cool idea to have a little tool to atract non german speaking people for this site.
It only can enrich this site and of course the database.

so hopefully we can convince many foreigners to join this comunity.

If Satan needs Soldiers I'm for war!
F-C-H - Wir sind immer da!

#17 30.12.2008 14:16:50

Dennis the Menace
Mitglied

Colonel schrieb:

It's a cool idea to have a little tool to atract non german speaking people for this site.

cheers to you for being able to speak platt smile
I guess it might be able some kind of a problem and quiet a job to do for both elric and the mods to for instance translate the different masks of "Dateieingabe" into english into something international so that every non-german speaker can understand what he is asked to do.
Only then will MS be able to attract more foreigners I fear. Nonetheless a fantastic thing smile
But I guess it might be about time to do a little promotion and stuff to spread the word outside of Germany

#18 30.12.2008 16:35:02

ipodevil
Der kleine Tod

Colonel schrieb:

cheers to you for being able to speak platt smile
I guess it might be able some kind of a problem and quiet a job to do for both elric and the mods to for instance translate the different masks of "Dateieingabe" into english into something international so that every non-german speaker can understand what he is asked to do.
Only then will MS be able to attract more foreigners I fear. Nonetheless a fantastic thing smile
But I guess it might be about time to do a little promotion and stuff to spread the word outside of Germany

Well with the gathered force of the community it shouldn't be that big of a problem I hope smile

We live our lives in private shells
Ignore our senses and fool ourselves
To thinking that out there that someone else cares
Someone to answer all our prayers, all our prayers...
               klein aber fein last.fm

#19 01.01.2009 13:28:28

Colonel
Plakativ!

And we have to start with something I guess. As devil said with the help of the comunity it should be possible to translate and modify everything for an english version of this page.

If Satan needs Soldiers I'm for war!
F-C-H - Wir sind immer da!

#20 01.01.2009 14:35:19

sundom259
Mitglied
Webseite

Colonel schrieb:

And we have to start with something I guess. As devil said with the help of the comunity it should be possible to translate and modify everything for an english version of this page.

Hi, if you need a helping hand with translation, let me know. I'd like to support this idea.

Die Musik drückt das aus, was nicht gesagt werden kann und worüber zu schweigen unmöglich ist.

Victor Hugo, 26.02.1802 - 22.05.1885
französischer Dichter

#21 01.01.2009 14:46:56

-=Devastator=-
Ewig Abwesender

sundom259 schrieb:
Colonel schrieb:

Hi, if you need a helping hand with translation, let me know. I'd like to support this idea.

Me too.

Beitrag geändert von -=Devastator=- (01.01.2009 14:48:46)

#22 01.01.2009 22:26:15

SynthieM
*Schwarzhörerin*

If you need help by a professional translator you can also ask me. I'd be happy to translate some input screens, and as I use professional tools I could easily retrieve former translations to include future changes.

#23 01.01.2009 23:35:13

Greg60
Mitglied

Welcome MS-Members from abroad! As I am from Bavaria this is obviously the right forum for me big_smile

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/greg60
Give all the idiots a brand new religion.

#24 05.01.2009 22:11:17

Sovdat
Mitglied

Hi again,

there's two more things for which I think that would be a nice addition to the M-S:

1) I can see all of my entries under the profile section, but can't do that for others, however I'd like to do that as well, besides just looking at their collection.

2) And speaking of collection, each member can set the outlook of his collection just as he wishes. So, for example, I like mine just as I made it, and there's one completely different set here: http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/nordmann smile My question is if it's possible just to fiew others collections with the set as you wish, while their own one remains as default?

#25 26.01.2009 12:16:12

Avengement
Mitglied

It's nice to see that an English sub-forum has been created for those of us that struggle through the huge language barrier of this websites layout.

PARABELLUM was kind enough to translate everything that I asked for to get me started here, but from the standpoint of someone that does not know anyone that can directly translate German for them, I have to say that this is a major deterrent for possible future English speaking members.

Anyways, with things finally having calmed down a little, I've now got more time to spend here and hopefully update and one day finish adding to the collection from the database.

See you guys around.

Fußzeile des Forums