Musik-Sammler.de - Forum

Diskussionen um Musik-Sammler.de und natürlich über Musik selber.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#26 10.01.2017 21:52:51

Trigger58
Who let the dogs out?

Re: Best/Worst of 2016

DeepBlueSea schrieb:
Christhate schrieb:
Trigger58 schrieb:

new revel in flesh is for me so .... middle shitty big_smile
asphyx is one of the old dm-bands i can't find any good thing on them. i tried them so many times with so many diffirent releases but nothing got to work for my sad

Problem with last Asphyx album and Revel in Flesh is the production of Dan Swano i guess. He completely edited them to the last piece. Not one mistake or false growl to find.
Asphyx is not known for their fast paced death metal. They are from origin a death doom band. So yes. They dont hit 300bpm. Haha.

Asphyx is one example of bands, i really have and had my Problems with. I love the Crush EP and some Songs of the first Albums. But i never dig them completely.
Same with At the gates .. not a bad band, but not a classic to me.
The "Swedish Old School Revival" Bands like Entrails, Revel In Flesh etc ... took me by surprise when they started. I loved that the good old sound was back, BUT ....
.... that's just it, only the Sound. No Songs. Sound all the same after a while. The new Interment got on my nerves after 3 Songs, Sounded all the same. Boooooring....
But bands like Morbus Chron, Tribulation, Miasmal, etc  they had that special spark. They got me moving smile

Yeah, Morbus Chron and Miasmal are really great bands. The new Interment was boring for me too as i heard them the first time but a few weeks ago i searched their new album at youtube, took me a drink and started listening without doing other things. Now i understand all the fans of this album. i like this now too.

My problem in most cases is the short time i can spend to a whole album at first contact (most time i hear them at record store or before i have to go to bed. the only time where i have time for something like that). I "run" through the songs to get a first impression. We all get flooded from all sides with new stuff and new bands. too much to listen them all and if you try it, then you start to deny an album to develop.

This was exact what happened to me with the new Interment album!

@Christhate

i d'ont need every time 300bpm but a little bit faster could help big_smile

Asphyx sounds for me like a "rabbit, caged in a snail". (It wants to be faster but it can't).

#27 11.01.2017 12:28:40

Christhate
Lord
Webseite

Re: Best/Worst of 2016

Trigger58 schrieb:
DeepBlueSea schrieb:
Christhate schrieb:

Problem with last Asphyx album and Revel in Flesh is the production of Dan Swano i guess. He completely edited them to the last piece. Not one mistake or false growl to find.
Asphyx is not known for their fast paced death metal. They are from origin a death doom band. So yes. They dont hit 300bpm. Haha.

Asphyx is one example of bands, i really have and had my Problems with. I love the Crush EP and some Songs of the first Albums. But i never dig them completely.
Same with At the gates .. not a bad band, but not a classic to me.
The "Swedish Old School Revival" Bands like Entrails, Revel In Flesh etc ... took me by surprise when they started. I loved that the good old sound was back, BUT ....
.... that's just it, only the Sound. No Songs. Sound all the same after a while. The new Interment got on my nerves after 3 Songs, Sounded all the same. Boooooring....
But bands like Morbus Chron, Tribulation, Miasmal, etc  they had that special spark. They got me moving smile

Yeah, Morbus Chron and Miasmal are really great bands. The new Interment was boring for me too as i heard them the first time but a few weeks ago i searched their new album at youtube, took me a drink and started listening without doing other things. Now i understand all the fans of this album. i like this now too.

My problem in most cases is the short time i can spend to a whole album at first contact (most time i hear them at record store or before i have to go to bed. the only time where i have time for something like that). I "run" through the songs to get a first impression. We all get flooded from all sides with new stuff and new bands. too much to listen them all and if you try it, then you start to deny an album to develop.

This was exact what happened to me with the new Interment album!

@Christhate

i d'ont need every time 300bpm but a little bit faster could help big_smile

Asphyx sounds for me like a "rabbit, caged in a snail". (It wants to be faster but it can't).

hahahaha, and that's what i like about Asphyx. The feeling it has to go more intense but they simply dont....

The Saw is the Law......

Fußzeile des Forums